Scabies spreads through direct, close contact. One will catch the infection through sharing bed garments, sexual contact, shaking hands and even hanging one's garment next to the garment of one who has scabies. Webs of fingers, wrists, armpits, back of elbow, round the waist, umbilicus, around nipples, genital areas, groin, knees, buttocks and soles of feet are areas more at risk of scabies infestation. Scabies causes small red bumps on the skin. Each bump contains a mite and might also contain blood crusts.
Symptoms of Scabies
- Red bumps or blisters on skin
- Red, brown or gray thread-like lines on the skin that could be 2 mm-fifteen mm long.
- Desire to scratch
- Feeling of intense itching
- Sleepless night thanks to relentless itching.
Home Remedies for Scabies
- The patient could take a tub in water as warm as he or she can tolerate, and then quickly take a bathtub in chilled water. The mites can not be able in touch this sudden shift of temperature, and will get killed.
- The bark of peepal tree might be dried, employed in powdered kind to mud the lesions of scabies.
- One may boil the juice extracted from four hundred-five hundred grams of drumstick leaves along with sesame seed oil, and apply the answer on the scabies rashes. The solution would operate as an anti-microbial answer.
- The juice of apricot leaves will effectively treat scabies.
- A paste created out of dried and powdered neem leaves, equal amounts of turmeric powder and mustard oil can be quite useful in healing scabies lesions.
- Application of neem oil on lesions forbids mites breeding and tackles the problem of itching.
- Jojoba plant extracts will effectively treat scabies.
- Rinsing the body with citrus juice could be a means to kill scabies mites.
- One might take tub in warm water mixed with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil destroys the eggs of the mites, and also reduces itching.
- To combat excessive itching, calamine lotions could be used.
- Cool compress might additionally offer some relief to a person full of scabies.
- Application of sulfur creams will facilitate to fight scabies.